Sunday, June 3, 2007

Silent Rant

Its quite strange to think about other people's perspective of the world we live in.. I mean really question where they are coming from. I was quite disappointed today at someone's skeptical view of the world and their general pessimistic perception on the nature of humankind. I guess I was just too ignorant to ever pick up on how little faith she had in people.

Sure, there are times in our lives, that we have felt betrayed or deeply scarred by someone we thought was worthy of our trust... but what makes someone completely lose hope of the simple genuineness of companionship. What makes someone just deceide that everyone they will ever come across will be fake, and that friendship is not worth cherishing. HmmM.. I guess I was disappointed as I would like to believe that as humans, we are all in some aspect innately good. I have a certain faith in humankind, that keeps me thinking that this world is worth exploring and the knowlegde and experience that others possess is worth understanding.

But at this point in time... I find myself questioning... am I just too naive for my own good..

4 comments:

Liisaa said...

LOL to your other post : all blogged out? you call that all blogged out?? hahahaha.

As for this post: the simplicity and trouble-free life that you live hinders you to view the world as it really is. Your faith in people is the character that people fall in love with, so don't let unspirited and pessimistic people like us ever change the way you are. The world needs more people like you :))

Michelle said...

lol. as to lisa: dont assume that anyone's life is ever that simple or trouble-free. what makes her different from u or me is the way she decides to look on life and so be it if she decides to look at the better side of things.

is faith and hope the same thing nol? cause i feel as if i have no faith in humankind, but plenty of hope for it :)

NoeLLe said...

Hehe.. Lisa.. I like how u turned my naivety into a good thing.. and i'm keeping it as a complement =)

@ mishie.. hmmm.. i never really thought about it aye.. I guess there is a line that separates faith and hope.. and as u have pointed out they are not mutually exclusive terms

Liisaa said...

Hahaha. i took the 'simple thing' from a profile of yours somewhere. And besides.. you say you are an ordinary girl :)) same thing right!?