Monday, December 3, 2007

Could I Ask For Anything More?

Been 3 days since I last blogged. Yeah, I kinda got lazy... actually.. it was coz its impossible to blog at 4ams after a whole day of going out. These last 3 days have truly been amazing (and I know I have and will use that word a lot).

I cant believe I am going to attempt to summarise the past 3 days. There is just so many little things that will be left out. But I don't want to forget. I don't want to forget any of it.. if only I had enough discipline to blog everyday.

So here we go. Bear with me .. this is going to be very LONG


*** Day 4: 30th November ***
We woke up and headed out the door quite late today, even though our initial plans were to wake up super early to catch Sentosa before it rained. Left the house at about 12 tho. First stop was Vivo City, to do some more shopping and for lunch. Didn't really buy much at Vivo. But I did visit the Dasio store that Joshie recommended. I think I prefer the small boutique stores, where stuff is somewhat more original.


Anyways, while we were at Vivo we dcided to have lunch there. Since both Crystal Jade (this apperantly really nice dim sum place) and Kim Gary (this HK tea cafe styled place) was too packed we decided to eat at Mache. Mache has a similar concept to what Burswood's Emporium had, where U enter and items are purchased with a card that is later paid for. We ordered quite a bit for only two people, and surprisingly we finished it all too!! It was the thought of desert that kept us eating. Most memorable dish from Mache.. maybe the Soft Shell Crabs or the Savoury Crepes. I really liked the feel of the place tho. After finishing all that we really couldn't do desert. So instead we had watermelon juice =)






At Mache's


After such a big meal, we headed towards Sentosa to "work it off"... okay maybe not.. it was to chill by Singapore's artificial beach LOL. We took the monorail there from Vivo.. the view was truely fantastic, you could see the city skyscrappers. And by skyscrappers I mean SKYSCRAPPERS! Got there and just mainly walked around the beach admiring the scenery and the feel of the sand between my toes. I was given such a "holiday" relaxing feeling. If that even makes sense. I was also convinced by Nic to take a chair lift up to see a view of the Merlion. BLOODY HELL was it HIGH... I thought my shoes would fall off. But it was good, even though i'm scared of heights I got thru it. Must the the comming of age.. either that or Nic is good at convincing me to do stuff. I burried a message in the sand (written on a receipt) before we left the place to go back to Vivo for more shopping.



Imported Sand at Sentosa

We met up with Li Min at Vivo for dinner, we had Kim Gary.. A mixture of foods were ordered so we could try each other's.. The food was good... but not outstanding. Just average. Then had Hogan Daiz for desert.. YUMMMM..!

After dinner, Nic and I went back home to change clothes for clubbing.. @ MOS (Ministry of Sound) with Lu Hui and Rodney. WOAH the place was damn awesome. It has like lots of different rooms with different themes. For example there was a ravers room, R&B HipHop room and a Retro room. It was quite cool aye, but the music was very different to what I expected. For the R&B room, its kinda hard to explain.. but ppls danced in a cage.. I kinda didnt like that concept. But yea.. we kinda spent most of our time in the retro room anyways. It was hilarious doin all those 70's moves to strobe lights and Michael Jackson music. hehehe it was cool.

We finshed up clubbing at about 2-3ish and then went for supper. We went to a place called Geylang, and passed the red light district. Apprently there were girls on street call.. but I didnt see them *shrugs*. They made we try FROG!!!... I tried it but couldnt eat most of it coz Kermit was dancing in my mind. We also called a Beef Hofun which was super yum.. it had black beans in it too!


Getting convinced to eat frog

By the time we reached home and went to bed.. it was reaching 6am (hence no on the day blog). Fell asleep practically instantly.. It felt good.

** Day 5: 1 Dec **

You would imagine after such an "early" night that I would wake up heaps late to start the new day. But actually, I woke up at about 10-11ish to the music of Nic's little sister playing the piano. After we washed up and had brunch, we went to chill for the day. Wasnt really up for shopping as my feet were heaps hurting from the days before and starting to realise how much over my budget I had gone =/ So we spent the day at KTV. All I can say is their Mic's are SOOO much better than ours. But their drinks were disgusting!! We pretty much spent the day chilling out before dinner at the local hawkers. We had Kway Sup.. which was quite nice aye.





Then the anticipated moments arrived. We went to Show Luo's concert!!!!!! My first concert ever and it was sooOOooOOOOOO AWESOME!! Show was damn hilarious, especially his attempt at english. "Today I no little pig, I am Show" and "You me hand Touch hand okay?" LOL. hahahah OMG he picked out a "girlfriend" for the concert for one of his songs as a performance. So they did this randomised seat raffle thing.. and the number was called............. AND IT WAS A GUY!!! OMG it was soooo funny, coz Show was like "HUH its a guy?.. ummM oka there's a first for everything right" and then he was giggling all the way thru the song. It was very cute hahaha. and the guest star was RAINIE YANG too!!! She sang "que yang" a song that I quite like so it was good. All in all it was such an awesome concert.. Show really surprised me esp with his dancing, making us dance and piano skills. Very CooL!



Show and his Dancers


Pratas


After the Show, Rodney picked us up for supper. Very much appreciated that he picked us up!! We had Roti Pratas. But not just any ordinary Pratas. We had Banana and cheese, Pineapple and Cheese and Mushroom and Cheese Pratas. I know what ur thinking sounds ewwwK rite.. thats what I thought when Rodney first mentioned it.. BUTTT U really have to try it .. its good! Really good. With the talk of red light district culture and what u would do if u found out 10 years down the track that ur husband was actually previously female... funny stuff. And that ended another amazing day in Singapore.


*** Day 6: 2nd December and a Day of Lee Hom ***


Day 6 is today (well technically since it is now 4:30am It was yesterday). Todays plans were to explore the Suntec City Area and Esplanade before Mr Wang Lee Hom's charity concert. I DID ANOTHER MASS SHOPPING ROUND AGAIN! All in all I think I spent about the same amount today as I did on day 2.. now that is bad.. but do I regret it HELL NO! Found some super awesome buys.


We had dinner at the Esplanade which was very cooling and relaxing since it was near the water. The food was exteremely nice too.. We shared Singapore Laksa, Fried Kway Teow and Satays. Very yummy.. possibly the best Kway Teow I've had in Singapore aye!

Blurry Pic Taken in the queue for Lee Hom

But of course the highlight of the day was my dearest Lee Hom in concert. He is amazing and truely the matches why people say Lee Hom is the reason no asian guy will ever measure up. He was energetic, cute, honest and damn right talented! He sat down playing the piano, but couldnt stop moving and wriggled to the beat of the songs while playing the piano. So adorable. AND OMG hearing Forever Love LIVE was such a privelege!! It was soo awesome. I felt like I was so close to him too.. yet so far. Very memorable... dang wo shou Singapore you say YO.. Singapore ... YO.. Singapore ... YO!! He even did a costume change and sang quite a number of songs. He showed me that my fandom was not in vain and that I was right to admire such talent! Some lucky fans even got to shake his hand and he jumped down from the stage to do a walk. Even though Lee Hom's was not a proper concert.. it definately beat Show's! Definaly the highlight.. and I will remember the concert for years to come =)

Mr. Alexander Wang Lee Hom

After all that Nic and I got home.. I did a bit of packing and then headed to Macca's for Supper. Why Macca's? Because fast food tastes better overseas.. It honestly does! We Chilled for the rest of the night, just chatting with our feet soaked in Nic's pool. It was definatly an eventful night and if I had a choice I would so live it again!!

Wow, after such a killer of a post I think I better retire to bed. This will be my last sleep in Singapore as tomorro I shall be flying to Penang. Hopefully I'll get a chance to blog there. But If not.. I guess this is Bye for now

-Checking Out.. Noelle In Singapore-

2 comments:

FeLLi said...

OMGGGG!!! LEEHOMMMMM!!! LUVVVV!!! UR SO LUCKYYYYY kekkekek looks like u had the best holiday ever!!! X) *luv luv*

Liisaa said...

ZOmg. I havent bn on the net for ages. i missed all ur updates.

SO to some up all my comments and put it all in this one little section. I say this to you :) ....























Ihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyou!
love always,
Lisa.