Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mind games

Studying psychology means that I'm usually aware of the games that our mind plays on us. Like the classic unambiguous pictures that can either be a lamp or two people really close. Despite common belief, the mind is a very powerful thing, I mean without it ur vision of reality would be completely different. The mind is so powerful that it fills in blind spots created by our eyes.

...

so where am I going with this.. well I really need my mind to be in focus these day, and not to be over taken by emotional responses of the brain.. I need to keep the chemical balance in my brain and produce enough serotonin to get through this season of challenges unscathed. I need my mind to help me focus on what lies ahead without too much activity in the noradernergic systems that promote anxiety.

Daylight savings is really not helping either.. being the owl I am I am most productive at night when the lights are out.. so when it says 4am instead of 3am.. the mind tells me that its bed time, when in actual fact I could have done one more hour. Don't look surprised.. the only reason why I study until 3/4 am is because I wake up at like 1pm okay!... note to self: must really do something about this before exams officially start for me.


In two weeks I shall be finished... and in three (plus a few days) I shall be in Singapore
...
But for now.. the phone rang...off to work.

No comments: