Monday, November 12, 2007

Social Creatures

I Have finally realised the extent of humans as social creatures. Sure, social psychology has taught me a lot through experiental research about our individual needs for interaction with others. And sure, Abnormal psychology has shown me that isolation and a lack of interaction can lead to depression, anxiety and a lower life expectancy... But its this exam period's isolation that really taught me that humans are born social creatures.

Studying these past few days has been tedious, frustrating and down right depressing. I can't stand being in my room anymore..! The books flood my floors, with a sea of scattered papers lying around.. and then there are those days where i'm so out of it, I knock down one of my piles of organised mess to realise (ouch my foot hurts <--- thats me literally knocking down a pile of books) a stack of unknown content.

But the worst part of studying.. not the content itself.. but the torment u put urself through trying to isolate from the world. The house is quite.. even the TV is off.. no distractions rite?.. MSN? nope.. ur invisible..

We can all tell I would never last on a island on my own..
Tomorro is the begining of torture.. the first of my 4 exams.. Peoples like Rong Chyi and Jase have already long finished.. and i'm just starting =/

On a lighter note.. I've decided I'm gonna plan a lot more these holidays.. I really need to catch up with a lot of people.. and so i'm gonna let out my organising skills again.. I'm quite excited really .. should be good =)

I feel a bit better after this post .. I miss blogging...
Time to get back to it... Jia You! Aja Aja Hwaiting! Gambate!
~striving towards freedom~

No comments: