Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Just got home from work about an hour ago... boy am I tired. Who would've known it would be so busy today. My body aches from my neck to my toes. I actually prefer busy days at work, as opposed to the one customer a minute dribble. Being busy just keeps your mind focused on the task at hand, rather than thinking about how much effort the task involves. A surprising amount of Hofun's were cooked and Singapore Laksa's at that. I think what made my morning was a phone in customer. Towards the end of the morning shift, the phone rang, and as everyone else seemed to be occupied with other jobs, I ran to pick up the phone. The voice on the other end seemed to be a young-ish female, whose English was not so good. As I answered the phone in my usual "Sense Lah Malaysian Cuisine. How may I help you?", the voice one the other end replied with "Hi hello good morning good afternoon how are you?" hehehe I couldn't help but have a grin on my face. I know.. its mean to mock someone whose English is not perfect, but it made my morning =) and a long tiring morning it was.

On another topic.. one that I was meant to blog about b4..The day I went for a facial
I should have blogged about this straight after I had the facial.. coz u know human memory is not only deceitful, it fades. Anyway last Tuesday I went for a facial. You know a facial, that is meant to be relaxing and cleanse your thoughts and help your skin at the same time. Been trying to remove all the acne scaring on my face, which has gotten quite bad lately. Anyway. I was going for something called Micro-Dermabrasion. Got into the "day spa" and filled in a few forms as I waited for my turn. The girl called me into the room, got me to put my hair into a "shower cap" looking thing and then made me lay down on the bed there. As she was preparing her tools, I asked her if it was going to hurt... her reply "no.. the mask afterwards might be a little uncomfortable though". As my booking was at 9am and I didn't get very much sleep the night before I thought to myself, this is going to be good.. I can just lay here and fall asleep. That thought ended pretty fast, it practically ended the minute I heard her turn on a machine. So it turns out she used this pen looking suction thing with a crystal on the end to go over my face. Doesn't sound too bad huh, well.. why don't you go grab like a scrubbing brush with hard bristles and rub it on your arms ... at the same spot... again ... and again... and AGAIN.. then tell me do u reckon it would hurt, then imagine if I did it to your face!!!! It hurt so much I thought I was going to burst out crying right there and then. I had to persuade myself mentally that it was all for my own good. After about 25 minutes of scratching every possible part of my face, she was done and ready to put on the mask. I though "YAY, masks are cooling and it'll take away all the pain"... oh boy was I wrong AGAIN! She put 5 dabs of the mask cream thing on 5 points of my face.. and it immediately started to burn.. i mean BURN!!! So much of "just a little be uncomfortable". I seriously thought she had just set fire to my face.. I think the mask might have hurt more than the scratching! Once again, I persuaded my mind to stay still rather than scream obscenities to the nice lady who has been doing this for 2 years. Before I left permanent scars on the side of my thighs from digging my nails in to deflect the pain, She started to remove the mask. The whole process took about 40 minutes and left me leaving the room with a very red and painful face. I was going to take before and after shot, but yes can't fins the camera. The results are slowly starting to show as my skin is getting a bit better, or maybe its just cognitive dissonance and I'm only believing that its working because stupidly enough I'm making another booking for next next Tuesday. I'm starting to think I'm a masochist...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh i need one of those! Sounds painful tho. Issit expensive?

NoeLLe said...

very painful, but somehow.. kinda worth it.. the dermabration with the mask costs $75, but without the mask is $55.. this is the cheapest i found it aye... =/ i'm going for my next appointment on tuesday eppps!