Thursday, September 20, 2007

The end of mid-sems mania

So, two mid sems occupied the majority of my time for the past few weeks. Trying to study for these units was an absolute b*tch, coz I feel like I've missed out on so much (but more on that a bit later). Right now I feel.. luckier than Lisa (whose head has been messed with by uni)... less stressed than Mish (who is 'dealing' with MCW-syndrome)... more unorganised than Caz (who is juggling assignments, 10 jobs and a social life very successfully) and less studious than Alan (who these days surprisingly LIVES in the Reid Lib).

How were my mid sems.. well to sum it up in a word.... clumsy.
So many stupid little careless mistakes made by me, that it's so not funny. The two stupidities topping my list:
  1. Seeing that MC=2 and applying MC=3 to all my equations! This was for Business Econ.. which I actually found it to be a quite easy exam.. I actually finished it 15 minutes early. That included the time I had taken to highlight each curve in my diagram a different color and colour coordinate it with the equations relevant to the curve. YET I didn't have time to check that MC=3!!! That was the big scoring question too....!!!!
  2. ERASING! This is why my chem teacher in year 11 and 12 always told us to write in pen.. ALWAYS! For the question worth the most marks in the International Trade Mid-Sem, we were meant to draw a diagram to illustrate increasing welfare. ... well... I drew the diagram... and then rubbed out two curves !!! The ONLY two curves that could be used to show welfare increase! GRRRZZZ... Lets just hope I pass this mid-sem.. considering I really didn't answer the last question in the exam.

Okay.. Done with my mid-sems rant. Just waiting for marks now.

To take my mind off the stupidity of my own self.. I went shopping! But because I wasn't prepared for it.. I didn't have the cash to go with. But I got what I set out to get.. which was this skin serum by Origin called 'Modern Fusion'. This serum is soooO good! I makes your skin feel so nice and refreshed. And with it I got little samples of 5 other products. Very Cool.

*sighs* proper hermitting has not even started for me yet.. well it has... but my 6 days a week work shift hasn't started yet and I'll already feeling so isolated. I feel so un-social. Not anti-social, just un-social. I feel like a I'm in a closed up glass box.. where everyone else in on the outside and I'm just trapped there and every direction I turn everyone is out.. out and away from me. I think i'm starting to realise how much I miss my Metro days...

On a final note, I would like to wish Shirley a very Happy 20th Birthday! Hope U had fun at Llama Bar and that Mr. Master of ruining surprises *cough cough* didn't ruin it too much for ya!

No comments: