Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Art

The melancholy tunes of Jay Chou flood the house... 如果難過請你忘記我... drowned by the intensity of his skill

I admire singers, musicians and artists in general, as they represent the ability to succeed. The ability to chase for those dreams.. using skill that u have and just knew your were born to use, born to share.. born to enlighten. But for many of us, we are just confused as to what our skill is meant to be. What is it that motivates me? You see singers/songwriters work endlessly to create the perfect masterpiece.. but what is it that is able to make them place all that effort into what they are doing..perfecting... even if it means no sleep for days. Its the love for the art, the passion and dedication to the art and what it means to others around the world.

Sometimes I don't think songwriters get enough recognition, because what is a song without a story.. a melody with no depth. They are a crucial element to the success of an artist.. particularly one who does not have the skill of story writing but with the gift of a voice, a voice that is able to paint the colours of the story..

HmmmM.. I know I am quite incoherent today... wondering where I am trying to go with my words.. I guess I'm just curious as to what will drive me.. what will keep me awake days on end and still give me enough effort to perfect. In a way, I anticipate it.. anticipate the art and what it will mean to me

No comments: