Sunday, July 22, 2007

Stalkerism-ness

Today was actually are weird day at work... boring but weird at the same time.

For me, there are situations where someone walks past on the street and like everyone else on the street, they would regard me a stranger. Well, of course I'm a stranger coz really, they don't know me rite. But what if I know them? What if I know their name.. or something trivial in nature as that. Isn't it strange that people can identify you, people who really don't exist in your world?

I have been given two example of this today.. both at work too...

First, this guy Tony came in to order two Fried Kway Teows.. I know this order coz there was some argument over it. Anyway, naturally I was just someone working at the restaurant to him. But I recognised him from my high school days. You see, Tony was connect somehow to Amy or Caroline. C. and when they first met him.. there was some kinda of commotion. And I had seen pictures of him, heard the gossip surrounding him and maybe even met him quickly once but didn't really think anything of it. It was just a really weird situation, to know things about a person that don't know you. (Aside from the world of fandom.. thats another story in itself). I was kinda tempted to say to him " Hey, your Tony ******, rite?". But I of course refrained, in fear of sounding stalkerish.. but maybe I will one day.

Second example is this guy called Bryan, who went to our high school. Sheesh, another flash back into the past. He was I think a year older than us. But the reason I knew who he was, was because he was in the "target group". In year 10, after the year 12s had finished high school and were preparing to sit the exams, our group of girls decided to claim the right side of the canteen, that previously belonged to a group year 12. No biggie rite? After all, the year 12's had already gone and no longer needed a place to sit, chill and have lunch. But who knew.. we had entered into a war! We had to fight the year 11's for it. So after every period before break, we would fully rush everything and run to claim the spot. But somehow, at every single one of our attempts, we would be beaten by a member of the "target group". How? Why? .. well because we forgot that as a year 11 you get free periods. After a while we retreated bitterly, and claimed instead the left side of the canteen. But still then, the mini attacks did not end, with this Bryan guy throwing his rubbish towards our corner.. and us retaliating with trashing their corner. It got to the point where we were even considering putting super-gule on the seats of their corner.. but in the end could not be bothered. But the years went by and the "target group" eventually left. And in the end we kept the left side of the corner... up until the last day of school for us.. which was also coincidentally my birthday, where we passed on the corner to a year 10 group.
But yea, this Bryan guy came in to eat today. So weird..

No comments: