Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sharing the Laughs

After quite a long and effortful week of uni I'm glad the first week ended as it did. Okay, so not so long (my personal record of only 7 hours of class) ... and not so effortful (revolving around only the course outline). Anyway, not the the point. The point is, that my final class for the week, abnormal psychology, was really good. First of all, I didn't expect much from the class as abnormal it was a taught a bit dry and theoretical last year and the lecturer kinda looked a bit scary. But it was sooO good. Let me illustrate...

My lecturer was telling us a story of his previous visit to a psychiatric clinic. The story went sorta like this ... *note story is not exact quote.. just the gist of the storyline*

I went into the ward to visit one of my regular patients. I approached the patient and started the usual conversation.
Lecturer: "How are you today [insert name here]"?
Patient: *silent for a brief period.. stoic and seems to be staring off at a direction* "Good."

* The patient then proceeds so gently place his hand on the top of the Lecturer's arm, just slightly below the shoulder, and slightly push him to the left, while staring at the direction in which the Lecturer was previously standing*

Lecturer: *glances around the room* "Did you just see something?"
Patient: "Yes"
Lecturer: "What did you see?"
Patient: "Shit"
Lecturer: "Pardon?"
Patient: "There was shit drooping from the ceiling and I didn't want it to hit you"
(The Patient was hallucinating)

*** end of story***

Hehehehe The whole class, Nicole and I, Laughed so hard I think I snorted.. which made me laugh even more.

Other then that nothing interesting happened this week. Everyone's timetable seems to be so different to mine... I don't think I've had the chance to catch up with anyone, except Nicole. OO Nicole is back from the Eastern States. Its been good catching up with her, it seemed like ages since I hadn't talked to her and she has sooo many cool stories... heheh makes me wanna go too!

OOOOOOOOO AND MY STUPID UNI BOOKS!!!! Cost a frikken fortune! That money was intended at first to be for my phone.. then I decided that it would actually be put to buying the air ticket to Singapore and now its gone.. gone to buying those stupid boring uni books! ARRRGGGHH.. and I have to start saving all over again.

I think that's enough for today... until next time...

No comments: