Sunday, September 14, 2008

Celebrations

Its funny how people respond differently to the same situation. I think its what makes us human I guess. The individual differences that make us who we are. As this is the year where most of my friends turn 21, there has been many many 21 parties. And its interesting to see that people celebrate this coming of age so differently.


This weekend I had two 21st birthdays and a farewell outing. It began on Friday night, where Grace's Birthday was at Box Deli. Its such a cool place... well the washroom was hell awesome!! I was late to it tho, because I had to come from work and was meeting Mishie at Burswood so we could go together. I feel bad Mishie always drives me. Anyway.. Grace's cake was soooo awesome. It was like heaps of little cupcakes. So practical too! But I didn't eat any coz I was feeling a litle sick. Although it was a short night for me it was good.. I got home at like what 12:30-1am? Got to see the warmth of familiar faces again. I only wished it lasted a bit longer cos I didn't get to talk to everyone and it's been a while since I hung with Lisa. Oh well, next time.



The Birthday Girl and her awesome Cake


Last night it was Brendan's 21st. He was celebrating a tad late! I didn't know anyone there!! No one at all (except Canh). At first it was a bit awkard because I felt like I didn't belong.. but Brendan was a good host and attempted to introduce me to everyone at his party. He didn't get far.. I think he got to one person. hehe but then his brother came to chat with us which was pretty cool. He's whole family is really nice.. guess thats why he's a such a nice person. It runs in the family. Most memorable part of Brendan's birthday celebrations was the speeches. They were soo good and funny. They even made a video which was absolutely hilarious! Very touching speeches from his family and friends. And wow what one of the guys said really struck me. Brendan will be a doctor at the age of 22!!! That is so amazing.. but he really deserves it. Can't believe it has been so long since our chinese school days.






Dr. Lim (to be) and I just about to leave




Me and Canh
After Brendan's I rushed to Nic's place to have our last "outing before she leaves". Se actually delayed her flights so yeah it wasnt quite a farewell thing. hehe But we ended up at Metros. It was actually not too bad of a Metro night. The crowd was ok and the music was actually better than usual I think. Didn't get home till really late tho coz I had to drop the guys off at Nic's place before heading home. I was soo tired by then. I didn't think I could stay awake enough to drive. I hate that feeling. Luckily I remembered that Ali finishes work around that time so I called him to check if he was awake and could keep me awake as I drove. Just as I was going to give up al picked up and kept me company on my drive home. Thanks Ali! I couldn't stop yawning but once I reached home I was sooo awake!



Me, Nic and Mishie ready for a night out!

Gah woke up early today too.. tired? not really. BUT I HAVE TO START STUDYING! I'm serious!! I will finish the first 1.5 weeks of material by tonite! If not I will not sleep! That is my promise! Laters Guys....

No comments: