Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Normality

During my uni days mum used to complain that I wasn't a normal person. LOL not in the way that I'm crazy .. although I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys will disagree (*sighs*) but more in terms of my sleeping patterns. I would wake at around 11am - noon if I had no classes and sleep at like 4am. That was normal for me and I was pretty sure that's what is normal for most students nearing exam times right? Anyway.. so mum had the desire for me to become a normal person.. wake early and sleep early. Bah soo boring. But I just got a new part-timer recently at the post office.

It involves a few shifts because I've been given what is essentially two different jobs in one. In the mornings (Mon-Fri) from 6am to 9am I sort the mail. This is generally just an easy job that requires a bit of memory. Its not too bad except for the 5am wake up. This was the initial job that I applied to do. But recently that have also asked me to serve the counters on Saturdays for two hours and then afternoons (Mon-Fri). This job is a lot more difficult than I would have ever imagined. I really didn't know it was so complicated ... its not just letters and scanning items.. its money transfers, bank deposits... and the list goes on! But I'm going to give it my best and hope that I don't screw up too badly XD

So because of the new job I've been a bit out of it all lately.. tired and adjusting to the new timetable. Weirdest thing is I still don't think this is normality. Mum's normality wanted me to go to bed early .. so yah it happens occasionally I sleep at like 10-11pm these days. BUT 5AM IS NOT NORMAL!!! How can that be defined as normal?? hahah but to tell you the truth. I'm kinda getting used to it. Its no longer that cold and I can actually stay awake after the morning shift without going back to bed. Its gotta be good. I think in general this new job has done me some good... I hope I can survive there, it helps when the boss' are so nice :)

Ah well. So hopefully that explains why I've been a bit MIA lately.
Don't worry, I am going to keep this blog alive!

Laters guys!

No comments: