Saturday, May 9, 2009

Attached

I realise this about myself now. I am way too attached. To things, to people, to memories, to expectations... to the world. I guess everyone could say they have similar problems. But I just find it so hard to let go. Especially to people... letting go of people that I should because they have already let go and I am no longer who I am to them. *sighs* This is actually not a depressing post guys.. its more an attempt to proclaim change.

The reason why I have realised my problem with over attachment is because last weekend my wallet was stolen. It was stolen at work and maybe it is partially my fault because I left it behind the counter like I always do instead of hiding it in a draw or something. But having my wallet stolen cut me so much.. because it was my everything. Something like the feeling of losing your phone. I had memories in there, cards in there, contacts in there... it was my life. My everything. And to know that it was no longer mine, no longer with me, I was confused and disappointed. After a whole night of worrying, disbelief and frantic searching for possibility .. I gave up.. and after that I gave up sulking too. I guess its easier to move on and get a head start at rebuilding my everything. Called the banks, the government institutions and visited the police. Slowing moving on with everything. Even tho every now and then I would still reach into my bag and have a heart attack because my wallet isnt there!.. only to realise derrrr! I know. You guys might be thinking Noelle its just a wallet.. big deal right? well .. it only fits.. I am way too attached to things/people. So I will try not to be anymore.

Following this event, Ali called me out for lunch after classes on Thursday. We went to poppo's. I actually didn't have a very good impression on this place the very first time I ate there. I don't remeber why. But I actually liked it last Thursday. Their sushi is like a masterpiece!!! Definately a very yummy piece of art. And I had the bibimbap... which is suprising because its not a usual for me. I usually go for the kimchi soup. The bibimbap was ok, quite good really. I would most probably go back again. Thanks Ali for lunch.


This picture doesn't do the sushi justice!

Bibimbap and collection of food XD Yummmm


After lunch, I helped Ali with some shopping chores lol finding what he needed. Which was awesome cos we actually found the stuff!! Anyways afterwards Ali convinced me to go have a look at wallets. I wasn't going to find a replacement anytime soon.. just because I was still attached to the idea of getting mine back somehow/someway and I am broke having lost the money in my wallet. But we went to Myers for a look. At first there was no luck. All the wallets were leathery and Aunty looking. But when all hope was gone.. it was there. The wallet that fit all my criteria without even knowing the criteria!- minus of course the price. We walked out of Myers and I was determined to save up for it. I might have got it like a month later after saving. But Ali insisted on going back. He bought it for me. Said it is an early birthday present. LOL even wished me happy birthday. My birthday is in like 6 months. I love it to bits.. but I can't help but feel guilty. I didn't want to be a burden and have people spend so much on me. I didn't want to be that person who's problems affected someone else. But all I can say is Thankyou Ali. And sorry for being that burden.

No comments: