Monday, May 2, 2011

The Waiting Game

I'm obsessed. Completely and utterly obsessed. I can't stop thinking about it as the scenarios all play out in my mind. Every second of every day I keep wondering is it possible that I could be so lucky? Is it possible that this could be my break through, my new start? And most of all I question... Can I really do this?


Last week was quite an eventful one for me. I went on a road trip down to Esperance with PooPoo, PeePee and 5 other people. It was a crazy 8 hour drive with breaks here and there. It was a tiring drive haha but none of the others trusted me to drive during the whole trip. Frankly, I really don't blame them! haha. Esperance was quite an experience mainly because I got to spend some time with my sister. Ever since she got married moved out from home we haven't really had a chance to just be in each others company. I missed that. Even if it meant tolerating a yukky motel styled shelter ^^. My main aim for the Esperance trip was to take a few good photos. I've been playing around with the dSLR more often these days and even tho I'm still learning I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.. well the sort of pictures I would like to take ^^


~The only picture worth taking of the accommodation lol~






~ The view from above~




~PooPoo donated her shoes to me to climb the rocks~





~From the Jetty~



~Probably the Awesomest Jump Shot Photo I've EVER taken~




During the Esperance trip, I had something that plagued my mind. Something I didn't think I would even get the opportunity to do. An interview. The morning after returning from Esperance I was set to take a flight to Brisbane to attend an interview for a position that I had previously applied for. It was the final interview before an offer would be made and my first face to face interview throughout the masses of applications I had made. The company had paid for the flights and accommodation in Brisbane. It was very generous. Through the whole process, I had tried to read up as much as I could about the company. About its values, projects, objectives and interests. The more I read, the more obsessed I became. The company has reached the point where I find it perfect. Correction, perfect for me.

The interview went okay for me. I was more calm then I thought I would be. I admit there were a few questions that stumped me a little. But I think I gave it my best. That's all that I could as from myself right? I even had some time to catch Ann for dinner and explore a bit of Brisbane which I was quite happy about. It was my first time there. So now I fast forward to now. Now I am in the waiting game again. Waiting beside my phone for that all important call. I don't have any idea about how many other people I am competing with. Nor do I have information about when I am expected to hear back from them. But I can't get it out of my mind. I'm scared and excited at the same time. What this position means to me is more than a career... its actually a life change. It would mean starting a new chapter and starting it pretty much from scratch. From the other side of the coin... this could just be an experience. I could still definitely be rejected at this stage. And its a reality that I've been considering more and more. I mean really? Could I be lucky enough to land a position like this?

2 comments:

Tam said...

OmG, Noelle! That's amazing!! I have my fingers crossed for you - let us know how it goes!

NoeLLe said...

hehe thanks Tammy^^
Will let u know when I get some news! And I shall organise dinner with the crew soon!